Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Defending the Yankee thing

So I have again decided to use this for me.  I am going to try to defend my love of the Yankees on here since I have been subjected to so much abuse by family and friends since getting the Yankee Entertainment Station!

Contrary to popular belief, I did NOT start watching the Yankees just because of Derek Jeter.  One year, I watched the World Series when the Yankees were in it.  As I tend to do, I become obsessed with the series, watching every game.  During this time, I learned about the History of the franchise, rivlary with Boston, everyones hatred of them (but I will address that later). I actually first noticed Jorge Poseda (who then appeared in a funny episode of American CHoppers, but that obsession is for another blog).  Soon a shortstop named Derek caught my eye and I was interested enough to watch the next season and the rest is history.  I am now a full fledged fan, not only because of Mr. Jeter (although that is a HUGE bonus). Because my husband spoils me, we have seen them in Spring training and saw them last year in KC.  I can not wait til we can see them at Yankee Field!!!!!!!

I know that everyone hates them, because they have the money to buy the best and I DO think that is unfair.  However, until the baseball commission changes the rules, the Yankees are only doing what any other business person would do.  If I was starting my own social work agency and had all of the money in the world, I would only hire the best social workers out there,  I wouldn't not (double negative, I know) hire some of them so that it was fair for the other agencies-- NO, I would take all of the good ones and pay the best that I could, because I can.  So don't hate the Yankees, hate the baseball commission.  

Finally, will I like the Yankees after DJ????  Those of you who have known me for quite some time, know of my love for Tommy Herr (happy birthday yesterday Mr. Herr) and how devasted I was when he was traded.  However, I eventually forgave the Cardinals and liked them again (read Mark McGwire).  So I do not consider myself just a Jeter-loving-Yankee and while I will be sad to see him go, I will remain a Yankee fan.  As I have said before, I did not get the have-to-only-love-the-hometown-team gene (Red Wings fan also) and I am NO longer afraid to publically admit it!!!!!!! 

Okay, I feel better now and I am really liking this bloggin thing to just spew my rants out  there.  By the way, Rob is awesome- starting back to work the end of this week!!!  He looks AMAZING and I am a lucky girl.  Now, back to the game...............

No comments:

Post a Comment